Check the individual rounds above to see which of these two formats it will have. It will either be on a single night or over a week. The exact times will be published above in the preceding month of each round.
All rounds will follow the same scoring format:
- This will be a self-scoring comp based on honesty. Please mark your score on the form which is purchased from reception, then get a second person to confirm your score.
- Start on marked holds, one hand per pink tag. Feet must be off the floor before your hands move.
- Finish holds will also be marked with pink tags. You must touch/hold the finish hold with both hands in control.
- Brushing is allowed however climbing on comp holds to test and feel is not permitted.
- Depending on covid regulations and when the round finishes we may meet in the café for raffle draw and medal presentations at 9:30pm.
Age categories for finals are the same as the preliminary rounds.
- This will be based on your age as of the 14th of March 2022.
- If you wish to be entered into the older age category (i.e.. You are 16 and wish to compete in the 17+ age category), please inform reception.
- Finals will be held on Saturday 3rd December 2022.
- To qualify for the finals you must have entered at least 3 competitions.
Grand Final Rules and Format:
- The 6 highest scoring competitors from each age category from the preliminary rounds will be invited to compete in the final.
- All competitors will try one route before moving onto the next route.
- Only 1 climber will be on the matts to try the route.
- Each climber will have 4 minutes to complete the route.
- The person with the lowest number of attempts to finish a route will be the winner, followed by second and third.
- If there is a tie, judges will use “count back” to see how many attempts each competitor took to reach the “bonus hold” on each route.
- The younger age categories will compete first, leading up to finish with the adults climbing together.