Sign-up Online & Past Results Below
At Boulder Shack Climbing Gym we work with other local climbing walls to provide friendly junior climbing competitions a couple of times a year. These fun events are open to all the recreational junior climbers that visit our walls, both in or out of our Junior Climbing Clubs.
You must sign up online below by 12 noon on the Thursday before each competition.
The local walls started this up in 2013 and there are now around 100 regular entrants. Each competition is hosted by a different wall, generally Chichester College, Hi-Rock Hayling Island, Calshot and now Boulder Shack.
These competitions are inclusive and suitable for all abilities of junior climbers. Usually, we climb on top-ropes but with Boulder Shack now hosting too, we’ll see the odd bouldering comp too.
Each category is split by gender and age
Fair & Simple Format / Rules
|Year of Event||Year of Birth|
|Youth E||Youth D||Youth C||Youth B||Youth A|
Each climber will have 5 top rope climbs and must attempt them all, they will receive 100 points for topping a route. Each climber will then have 1 additional attempt that they can use on any their routes that they have not yet topped. The highest score of any attempt will be counted and an additional 1 point will be given for completing a route on the first attempt.
All climbers in all categories will climb on top-rope and not on a lead rope. This ensures that this competition remains a grass root comp and inclusive for all.
There will be a 25 problem open comp with bonus holds half way up each route. You’ll get 3 points if you hold (whilst in control) the bonus hold with one or both hands, and you’ll get 4 points if you hold both your hands on the finish hold for 3 seconds.
Information Specific to the Upcoming Competition
- Date: Saturday 18th November
- Location: Boulder Shack Climbing Gym
- Address: Unit 4 Imperial Park, Empress Road, Southampton, SO14 0JW
- Parking: There is some dedicated parking directly outside Boulder Shack. If this is full then it is ok to park in the neighbouring car parks but you must get a free parking ticket from inside Boulder Shack. If this is all in use then you will need to park on the road outside the estate. You MUST ensure the road though the estate is not obstructed as this is in 24/7 use.
- Climbing Type: Roped Climbing / Bouldering
- Registration Time: 09:50-10:20
- Competition Start: 10:30
- Estimated Finish / Prizes: 14:00
- Facilities & Other Activities at Venue: Cafe, climbing taster sessions, yoga & fitness classes (pre-book on website).