Team member – Part time
This fantastic role involves engaging proactively with our customers and maintaining good climbing practice in the centre. This role would suit someone who shares our values – making climbing accessible to all abilities and keeping the community at the heart of everything we do!
The ideal candidate should meet the person specification outlined below and be competent in all elements of customer service, with a drive to learn new skills.
- Provide great friendly customer service; in person, by phone and through email/social media.
- Work with the duty manager and other team members to ensure the smooth running of the climbing centre and business.
- To work efficiently on reception, in our café, dealing with customer bookings and general administration.
- To deliver engaging climbing sessions to a broad range of junior/adult customers
- To be proactive in dealing with cleaning, Health & Safety, maintenance and other vital centre duties.
Hours, pay and perks:
- Flexible working hours
- Shifts will predominantly be evenings and weekends
- Free unlimited tea, coffee, climbing and giggles
- Our current pay rates are as follows, but may change due to an upcoming pay review
- Be age 17 or over
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- To have a positive approach to dealing with customers
- To be a proactive problem solver
- Competent computer skills
- Uphold our values of providing a safe, welcoming boulder centre for both new and experienced climbers
- Can cope with high pressure situations (please provide an example within your covering letter)
- Previous cafe experience
- Previous customer service experience
- First Aid qualification
- Personal climbing experience, or other health / fitness / sport interests
- Instructing/coaching experience with juniors and adults
- A climbing qualification
- Coaching qualifications
- D1 license
- Competent using G-Suite
Closing deadline for applications: 23:59 on Sunday the 17th of November 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday the 20th of November.
Proposed start date: As soon as practicable.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Part Time Team Member Role”.