Some fair and simple booking conditions
Public individual and group bookings onto Boulder Shack courses, events or similar.
Payment, cancellations and rescheduling:
Payment in full must be made to secure a booking unless otherwise agreed in writing from the Boulder Shack bookings office.
Cancellations or booking date changes by customers must be made 7 days (or 24 hours for fitness classes) before the event start date to receive a full, no-questions refund or reschedule to another date. After this 7 day period, Boulder Shack will make efforts to accommodate a cancellation or date change if another customer can be found to replace the space(s) being changed.
Boulder Shack reserves the right to cancel any booking if not enough spaces have been filled to make running the session (course, party, tuition etc.) financially viable. In the event of Boulder Shack cancelling a session, all booked members will be notified at the earliest opportunity and a full refund or opportunity to reschedule will be given with no questions asked.
In the event of an outdoor day being cancelled due to bad weather, all members booked will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule to another available day or receive a full refund.
The Boulder Shack junior climbing clubs are booked on a termly basis. At the end of each term the responsible adult will be notified of the upcoming term times and be given a deadline to go online and re-book their guaranteed space. If this dead line is not met then Boulder Shack may continue to request for a booking payment but will also actively seek a replacement member for the space. Any bookings made after the booking deadline will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Direct Debit Memberships:
There is a £2 start up fee, plus the prorated dues for the month in which you are setting up the membership.
After the prorated month, you must pay for three full months of membership before you can cancel a membership.
During the contracted three months you may “freeze” your membership at a charge of 50p per month frozen. This will then extend your contract length until you have paid a minimum of three full payment months.
Direct Debit payments are processed on the first of each month, so any change requests for future months must be made before the end of the current calendar month.
Gold members may book onto a standard fitness class for free. However, if you do not attend the class or provide at least 3 hours notice of cancellation, you may be charged a £2 class fine. This is due to nearly a quarter of Gold Members booking onto classes but not attending, meaning no other customers can book on.
All climbers of the center must understand and adhere to the Risk & Rules and Conditions of Use:
Risks & Rules
- Indoor bouldering carries a danger of personal injury or death. I am aware of and accept these risks and I understand that I am responsible for my own actions and involvement.
- Boulder Shack is an artificial climbing environment but the risks are no less severe than when climbing outdoors. There is an additional risk that holds can spin or break.
- The soft matting under the walls does not guarantee your safety. Any fall may result in an injury to the participant or others. We strongly recommend you descend by climbing down carefully.
- Climbing beyond your capabilities is likely to result in a fall so you must make your own assessment of the risk whenever you climb.
- Report to reception on each visit before you climb
- Do not sit, stand or boulder under other people
- Do not grab or climb over the top of the wall except on the top out boulder where the top of the wall is painted green
- Do not grab, lean on or in any way intentionally touch the roofing structure
- Keep bags and personal items in the lockers or shelves, NOT on the mats, floors or walkways
- Water bottles are not allowed on the mats at any time
- Avoid uncontrolled falls. Do not jump from the walls
- Do not wear jewellery, particularly rings, when bouldering, these can catch and cause injury
- No running anywhere in the centre
- Report any safety concerns to a member of staff without delay
Conditions of Use
Duty of Care - The rules of use (above) are not intended to limit your enjoyment of the facilities. They are part of the duty of care that we, as operators, owe to you, the customer, by law. As such they are not negotiable and if you are not prepared to abide by them then the staff must politely ask you to leave. You also have a duty of care to act responsibly towards the other users of the centre.
Medical Conditions - If the participant has any sort of medical condition or pre-existing injury this may make it more likely that the participant is injured while bouldering. Please consult your doctor for advice about the extra risk involved.
Unsupervised Climbing - Unless you are booked on to an instructed group your climbing session will not be supervised by Boulder Shack staff. You should be familiar with the Risks & Rules of Use. These are described in the online safety video and you should ask a member of staff if they are not clear to you. Staff will provide whatever help and advice they can, but instruction in the use of equipment or climbing techniques will only be provided where it has been booked and paid for in advance. If you are not confident in the use of any climbing equipment or technique then do not attempt to use it without the supervision of someone who is competent to do so.
Supervised Climbing - An adult aged 18 or over who has registered to climb may supervise in accordance with the Safe Supervision guidelines and must take full responsibility for the safety of the climbers' they are supervising. Each supervisor (whether climbing themselves or not) may supervise two 9-17 year olds or one under 9. In the case where one child is under 9 and one is over 9, you may supervise them both. Some exceptions will be made where the children have more than 6 months regular climbing experience and at the centres' discretion. 4-6 year olds must always have 1 to 1 supervision, with no exceptions. Groups of three or more supervised climbers of any age must only be supervised by an instructor holding the relevant qualification and insurance.
Your Data- By participating at Boulder Shack Climbing Gym you accept that we will be keeping your data indefinitely, however at anytime you can ask for your data to be deleted. In the event of a First Aid form needing to be filled out we will be keep this information for 3 years (from your 18th birthday). We take protecting your data seriously, all of the data that we gather is kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act.